friendster counter

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Lauryn at the UW and Golden Gardens Park

Yesterday's senior session took us back to the University of Washington to photograph Lauryn. Lauryn is such a sweet person, and was so gracious to follow my suggestions. We just made it into the library for a few shots on my favorite staircase before closing time - whew! Lauryn told me she really liked black & white conversions, so Lauryn, this one's for you! I was surprised how different the campus looked when the sun was shining (!). The last time we were there, it was an overcast day - this time, the sun was out, which gave me some new challenges as well as some unexpected surprises. Here was a challenge...
...and here was a pleasant surprise. The sun was providing natural backlight on Lauryn's beautiful hair, and as it hit the white column, a soft fill light was illuminating her face. Those are surprises that I like!
We made sure to leave enough time to visit Golden Gardens Park for some sunset pictures. Here I placed Lauryn in a tunnel I love which placed soft light on her face, and a calm breeze to add movement in her hair...



I couldn't believe how fast the sun set - fortunately, we were able to get some sweet shots on the sand and a few more with the water views before the sun drifted out of sight. Lauryn, I hope you enjoy the images and that they bring fond memories for years to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web traffic stats xanga