friendster counter

Monday, September 04, 2006

Melissa and David's Picture Perfect Wedding

In July, I received an email from Melissa, telling me of her upcoming wedding plans. I had known Melissa years earlier at our congregation, before she left to live in Israel - so her news was unexpected and a welcome surprise! Melissa has lived in many different places, yet the Lord brought her back to a David, a young man from Seattle, and it was here that they chose to be married. I think it is always in the back of a bride's mind to wonder about the weather for her wedding day - especially when an outdoor ceremony has been planned. But God was in control and gave Melissa the desires of her heart...David, and an absolutely gorgeous Seattle day on which to be married.








Melissa and David's wedding was truly unique - it was the first "traveling wedding" I'd ever experienced. After the ceremony on the lawn, David and Melissa walked down to a garden to celebrate communion together.


After communion, David and Melissa joined their guests for the final phase of their ceremony - a worship service under the chuppah. Here they are joining their guests in the singing of "God of Wonders". At that moment, I felt the presence of God - standing before such a majestic view...witnessing the awesomeness of His creation...with the sun shining so brightly - it was a powerful moment that lives on through the capture of this one image. "God of Wonders...You are holy...the universe declares Your majesty...LORD of heaven and earth..."

For all those little girls who dream of weddings and fairy tales...this was such that dreams are made of, from start to finish. Thank you, Melissa and David, for inviting us to be a part of your beautiful day. May the Lord bless you in your lives together as husband and wife!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kerenina Photography said...

I am so happy to know Melissa got married!!! We are friends, and we met in Israel.. I love her deeply and that gives me so much joy!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise. I hope you guys get over here and visist? Is that on the agenda at all? I have to say you make great crepes with nutella on them. Let me know when the baby shower is. Melissa I love ya. Please say hi to the new hubby. Have a wonderful honeymoon. I would love to hear from you. Lots and lots of love. Justine Easley

10:33 AM  
Blogger Lorraine Marie said...

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your kind words. Melissa and David had such a beautiful wedding day in every way, and I'm glad that we were invited to witness their day and preserve these memories for years to come. It's our hope that family and friends who were unable to attend their day will still feel a sense of what took place by the images we captured...

Lorraine

Lorraine

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissa, congratulations on your beautiful wedding. Is it ok to cry while viewing pictures late at night on the net? Well, yours did that for me. I am blessed to know that your Light is shining, even now. Remember that day when we talked at Bluebird Cafe? God was just ordering your steps. God bless you guys with abundant love. :)

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melissochka!!! What a WONDERFUL surprise!!! I really did not know you were getting married :) I am SOOOO happy for you!!! You were such a beautiful bride!!! I would love to hear your story. I'll always remember meeting you at Olga's place in Kansas City. Thinking back I wonder what a beauty you are for God! Inside and outside! True NOBILITY!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Maidservant of Israel said...

Congrats, Melissa! What a wonderful surprise. May the Lord bless you and your new husband. Hope to see you again in Jerusalem one day. Until then... sending hugs across the ocean! Carina

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web traffic stats xanga